Monday, October 14, 2013

When my eyes close

I don't sleep ever. That's why I'm never at school. I can't close my eyes without remembering the days when we were all scared., and sometimes I can see his face in my mind, his smug mug shot makes me sick. I got a letter a year ago yesterday asking for me to appear in court with the rest of my family, I deferred the invite to breath the same air as that asshole. It makes my mother cry when I talk about how it just about claimed my sanity. I think it's easier to write about. I want to tell you the story, but I can't. It's way to hard to explain without the backstory and that will take all day. So just know that it started with a fire and ended with New Jersey. For the next 25 years it will be New Jersey, then I'm getting a gun.  Because I am not going to be scared, I want to close my eyes and see light. Not his orange jump suit.

3 comments:

  1. Wow...I could never imagine going through something like that. Hats off to you for writing about it. And I agree, somethings are easier to write about. You are amazing, and the way you wrote made me fell like that story happened to me. Really great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "So just know that it started with a fire and ended with New Jersey. "

    This is the opening sentence of a novel I want to read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is going to be one of those dumb comments because after reading this post I was speechless. Because you found the balance between the fancy writing and the honest writing and this post was just sounded really cool so thank you for writing it because I want to know your story

    ReplyDelete