Sunday, October 6, 2013

I Could Never Make Dying Beautiful

"and i have miles to go before i sleep" -Robert Frost

Remember that part in snow white, when she is in the glass box? She looked so beautifully peaceful. Nothing could corrupt the corps but time. Lucky for her she was kissed my prince charming and lived happily ever after. We are not that lucky. Here in the 'Real World' fairy tales and 'happily ever afters' are cheap key chains we buy at Disneyland. We don't live forever and people are constantly getting beat by the clock.

Sometimes I think about how it will end. everyone says they want a painless death in there sleep. and hey maybe that works for them, but not me. i want to be living until my bones shut down and forget how to speak. I want my world to be spinning right up to the last second. I could die right now and be happy with my life. That's all I could ever ask for, to be at peace with how I have spent my time. 

 I could never make dying a beautiful thing like Snow White, because it's not supposed to be beautiful, we'll the death I've known has never been Beautiful. It just changes you, maybe that's why it's beautiful, it helps you realize the important things.

Yours,

Peter Van Houten 

1 comment:

  1. Very good.

    "Here in the 'Real World' fairy tales and 'happily ever afters' are cheap key chains we buy at Disneyland. "
    #stolen

    ReplyDelete