Sunday, May 18, 2014

I Just Wanted To Fly

Did you know I was going to be a pilot? I was going to pay $65,000.00 to learn how to fly, it was going to be the time of my life. The best part?or was it the worst part? It wasn't just my dream. It was our dream. He had planted the dream and, It finally grew and I was so excited. We were going to share my future, and I would fly us around the world. It would be just like our Sunday morning bike rides around the lake, before I knew how to ride a bike. It would be me in the drivers seat and he would just be there. He would be proud of me and i would know how to fly.

then it was crushed.

It was 'unsafe'

It was expensive

It wasn't College

I was my dream, but now its a fantasy.

It was my mom, she said no and i had to take it because my dad isn't here to stop her. And now were leaving the idea here in Utah, while we leave. but don't you worry, my head wont be in the clouds, they'll be in the books because that's what people do. That's what the dead people do, they don't dream of flying and planes. that's too dangerous.


Yours,

Peter Van Houten


No comments:

Post a Comment